Virtual Conference Timetable
- The schedule for the virtual meeting is available here.
- We will be using Zoom to run the conference. Zoom is easy to use and install. See https://zoom.us to download.
- A Zoom link will be sent round on the morning of each virtual conference day to all registered participants.
- Please mute your microphone and turn off your video unless invited to contribute by the chair, or just before your scheduled presentation. Please ensure that your “zoom name” allows the organisers and other participants to identify you (for example using the “rename” option).
- Use the chat box to make comments and to ask questions. Inappropriate comments will not be tolerated and attendees sending offensive material or messages may be ejected. You can also use the chat to send messages to the organisers or to other individuals at the conference.
Information for Speakers
- Contributed talks are 12 minutes long with 3 minutes for questions.
- Keynote speakers and presenters of contributed talks will present their work using the screen-sharing facility on Zoom. Speakers will be given an opportunity each morning to practise with zoom, if they wish.
- If you are part of a flash session, you should send your pdf/powerpoint slides (no more than 3) to us by 1st July. We will collate these and advance the slides ourselves: individual slides on your command, but ending your presentation after 2 minutes and moving on to the next speaker. So the next speaker must be prepared to unmute their microphone (and camera if you wish) and speak!
- If you have any questions about the running of the meeting, please use the conference email address firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you enjoy this virtual meeting and look forward to welcoming you to Aberystwyth at some point in the future!